If your doll lover is anything like the one that lives in my house, you are “on the hook” to make said doll family a new outfit every holiday. Although very fun to do (who doesn’t love sewing up cute bunny fabric dresses?)…the problem really is that you (not said doll lover, am I right?) has to store that cute bunny dress for about 364 other days of the year. Considering there is almost a major holiday per month in the year, that can add up to a bit of space if there is more than one doll at your house. Well, lucky for you!! I have a solution, and I think you will really like it!
Remember the Sugar n Spice pattern? It’s available in three sizes (so far!) on Pixie Faire, Etsy, You Can Make This, and also Craftsy. Notice the yellow and green dresses below…
Ready to have your mind blown? Same dresses!!! New overskirts!! Isn’t this Henry Glass fabric just perfect for dolls?
So if that’s not enough to convince you…just remember that these same dresses were super cute Halloween costumes last October….and in March I matched them up with shamrock skirts and pinafores… well. Let’s just say a few “well planned” solid color dresses could be your new answer! Need a few more reasons?
- Yellow: Belle, Easter, spring, summer, Fall
- Light Blue: Easter, Cinderella, spring, 4th of July, Elsa, snowflakes, penguins
- Green: Christmas, St Patrick’s Day, frogs
- Purple: Rapunzel
- White: Do you really need a list? You should really sew one this first!!
- Red: Valentine’s Day, Christmas, 4th of July, also works for some fall fashions
- Pink: Sleeping Beauty, Valentine’s Day, spring, Easter
- Black: Halloween and pretty much EVERYTHING else 😉
- Orange: Halloween, fall, witches, pirates
So you’re welcome, Mama.
Choose a few solid colors and stitch up the Sugar N Spice dress. Use your specialty fabric for a cute overskirt- a skirt and waistband…so quick and easy! Less fabric to store. Less time to sew. Fewer clothes to store the rest of the year. WIN!!!
Don’t forget the rest of the accessories included in the Everything Nice pattern or the Bundle (18 inch size).