Wow! I’d like to thank Meg over at the Canadian Doll Notebook for nominating Oh Sew Kat! for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This is a neat way to check out other bloggers and see some new ones you might not know about! If you have not been to Meg’s blog, be sure to stop by and say “hi”.
- How did you get into blogging? I thought it would be a great way to show the world some more ideas to sew doll clothes and to show a little behind the scenes for the patterns I publish.
- What is your favorite post you’ve written? I loved making Hawaiian dresses for Nanea from patterns I had already published…so those were the posts I was most excited to write. Find 2 of them here and here.
- What is your favorite food? Lasagna and peanut M&Ms (not together of course!)
- Who is your favorite doll, and why? Wow. These are hard questions. Just one? My first AG doll was Nellie. I bought her in 2006 at AGPNY when my sister and I took my daughter there for her sixth birthday. (She chose Mia, her first AG doll as well). She has blue eyes, freckles, and an Irish dance outfit just like my daughter, so she has always had a very special place in my heart.
- Who was your first doll, and how old were you when you got this doll? The first doll I can remember having was a stuffed Holly Hobbie doll, that my mother made for me for Christmas from a Simplicity pattern. My doll was a brunette and my sister got a blonde. I probably got her in 1st or 2nd grade and she still sits in my living room in her outfit my mom made. (I had a dress to match hers at one point!)
- What would you do if you didn’t blog? I’d sew more. And stamp and scrapbook more. I love my cricut and cameo machines and crafting with them. But I love sharing my sewing creations and I’m sort of addicted to my technology so this is a pretty fun hobby too.
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done with your doll? Well, I can’t say I’ve had many adventures with my dolls, honestly. They are all sort of “stay at home gals”. But when my daughter was four, her doll, Dorothy, went on a cruise with us through the Panama Canal!
- What are your favorite and least favorite things about blogging? I love sharing photos that my testers made with my patterns, and I’m not as big a fan of getting the photos from the camera onto a published post.
- What makes you different from any other blogger? I show you new and different ways to sew the patterns you may already own; plus I offer an inspiration gallery to see all kinds of photos of each pattern I’ve published which is updated pretty regularly. More new pages and tutorials are coming soon!
- What is your favorite book or movie? Oh, where do I start? I’m an avid reader of audiobooks (not sure if that’s the right way to say that?) and am always on the lookout for my next favorite book. Some that I’ve read recently and really enjoyed were Where did you go, Bernadette, Three Wishes, The Husband’s Secret, and The Girl on the Train, and anything by Sophie Kinsella. I also love Young Adult Lit like anything by Rainbow Rowell. My favorite young reader books are anything by Andrew Clements, and also Captain Nobody that my daughter and I know by heart we listened so many times. Oh, and don’t forget the Addy series by American Girl!
- Last but not least, give us three random facts about yourself. Three random facts about myself- let’s see. I am a former USMC officer, I currently have a full time job teaching writing to US Marines, and I’m a huge sports fan, especially of the Washington Nationals and my Villanova Wildcats in March Madness.
Thank you again, Meg, for adding to sunshine to my day through your nomination!
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the Sunshine Blogger Award, because their blogs brighten my day!
- Pam from “Amy Violet’s” Doll Fashions
- Brandy of “Brandy’s Happy Home” Dolly crafting heaven on the Internet!
- Karen from “KarenMomofThree” Doll Crafts and More!
Questions for My Nominees:
- How long did you get into this doll related business?
- What is your favorite topic to write/blog/post/photograph about?
- What is your favorite color for doll clothes or to sew doll clothes?
- Who is your favorite doll, and why?
- Who is your favorite American Girl character?
- How many dolls do you have?
- Who was your first doll, and how old were you when you got this doll?
- What are some of your other favorite hobbies?
- What are a few of your favorite books for kids or tweens?
- What is your favorite TV show lately?
- Last but not least, tell us 3 things about yourself we might not know.
- Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Award and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 3 other blogs and give them 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees through social media or by commenting on their blog.
- List the “rules” and display a Sunshine Award logo in your post.