The Playtime Peasant Top is a pattern you can turn to again and again and create all kinds of easy outfits to show off your doll’s style as well as your favorite fabrics.
Add ruffles to the sleeves of the Playtime Peasant Top PDF Sewing Pattern
Use this quick and easy tutorial to create a top for your 18 inch doll in just an afternoon.
Make an 18 inch doll sized Ruffle Sleeve Shirt with Oh Sew Kat!
This is a super easy pattern hack. You need the Playtime Peasant Top and Twirl Skirt Pattern.
- To make your Peasant Top into a Dress, add 2 inches to the length for the 18 inch doll
- Optional depending where you want the sleeve hem to fall: Add 1/4th inch to the length of the short sleeve
- Cut your two ruffles twice as long as the hem of the sleeve by 2 1/2 inches wide
- Press each ruffle the long way with wrong sides together
- Gather the raw edges of each ruffle and pin it to the right side of the sleeve hem
- Complete your top according to the pattern directions
Joss looks so pretty in these soft floral prints.
You can also make it into a dress like Grace’s festive outfit below. She is also wearing Luciana’s red belt purse to complete her outfit. To make this dress, I extended the bodice piece by 2 inches to make it dress length and then added the ruffles instead of hemming the sleeves. These green ruffles are a little wider than the ones above, so the sleeves go down to her wrists. Add a belt if you like to complete the look; Grace is using Luciana’s belt purse from American Girl®.
See more ideas for the Platyime Peasant Top in the Inspiration Gallery.