When I’m not behind my sewing machine, you can usually find me in my craft room. I love paper crafting- I always have. Stamping, scrapbooking, decorating for parties, birthdays and holidays… I love to play with my papers and my toys. I have a box of banners I created for our family mantle for some occasions and holidays. I thought it would be such a cute idea to make a minature one for my 18 inch doll fireplace (aka Caroline’s Parlor). Use this little banner to decorate your doll’s Valentine’s Day party or just to spread the love!
Easy Cricut Craft for Dolls: Make a Valentine’s Day Banner
*This post contains affiliate links. Read my policy HERE.
Decorations for dolls are very tiny. The way I made my banner is just one way to do it. If you prefer, you can cut your letters or the white, top layers of the banners from sticker paper. You can use sticker alphabets you purchase at the craft store. It’s up to you. It’s very simple to create a banner like this one, but if you like a shortcut, I’ve done the work for you, by giving you the link to my Cricut file. By clicking the link below, your cricut software should launch and you should see my banner pieces. Load your mats and cut them out.
Click here: Doll Sized LOVE Banner Cricut File
This project file is designed for the Cricut® brand of electronic cutting machines. You can use any machine to make a banner like this, but the file will only work in Cricut Design space. The shape I used is available with the Cricut Access subscription. Learn more about that HERE. I cut this banner on my Cricut Explore, but you can use the Maker or the little JOY machine as well.
- 25-36 inches of twine or string (depends where you want to hang it)
- Colored cardstock (I used Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Basic White and Basic Black cardstocks sold exclusively by Stampin’ Up! I’ve been a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator for 20 years.)
- Basic White Glue (I love my TOMBOW ADHESIVE and always have!)
- 1/16th or 1/8th hole punch (optional- the cut file includes the tiny holes. If you find your machine is just making a mess with the tiny holes, use the CONTOUR tool in Design Space to edit them out and use a hole punch instead.)
- Cricut Machine and Cricut Design Space Software
- Optional: Alphabet Stickers
Make your LOVE banner:
- Open the file in Design Space. (Save a copy to your own Design Space files),
- Decide your color scheme. You can click on each layer to change it to a new color or to match one already used.
- Click on each letter if you want to change the letters or the word. I used the basic CRICUT font.
- Cut out all of your pieces and lay them out in the correct order.
- Glue the pieces together. Add sparkles or sequins if you want!
- String the banner pieces together (Depending on your string, you may need to enlarge the holes to make it easier to string the pieces together. I used a folded piece of wire to help me.)
- Hang it up in your doll space!