American Girl® has a whole line of over the top, fun 80s mix and match fashions for Courtney Moore™. You can use Oh Sew Kat! patterns to make your own!!
Make an 80s themed paint splattered dress for your 18 inch American Girl doll like Courtney Moore™ for half the price with this easy Popsicle Top pattern hack from Oh Sew Kat! I found this pastel colored splattered paint fabric bundle at Walmart for about $5-6. The Popsicle Top pattern is found HERE.
Make a Dress with the Popsicle Top Pattern from Oh Sew Kat!
- Cut out the Popsicle Top Pattern according to the directions.
- Cut a skirt piece, 25 inches by 4.5 inches. If you want a fuller skirt, cut it longer than 25 inches.
- Assemble the Popsicle Top according to the directions. Do not sew the back edge (where the hook and loop tape will go- this also makes it super easy to flip right side out!). Do not sew the hem or add trim.
- Hem the bottom long edge of the skirt, and gather the top edge.
- With right sides together, pin the gathered skirt to the hem of the Popsicle Top (treat both layers of the top as one layer), and sew. Top stitch from the front (pretty side of fabric).
- Finish the back edges in one long seam, and fold in 1/4 inch on each side, press. Add hook and loop tape and continue the seam down to the hem of the dress to catch the pressed in edge.
- Add tights or leggings and high top reeboks to complete the look! It also looks great with a denim jacket over top.
DIY 80s Fashions for 18 inch Dolls like Courtney Moore™ from American Girl®
Find more 80s themed pattern hacks HERE.
This quick and easy dress hack would be cute in fun spring prints, or red, white and blue for the Fourth of July. Have fun with it!! Find more ideas for the Popsicle Top pattern HERE, HERE, and HERE.
Click the images below to find more tutorials and pattern hacks for Courtney.