Easy Doll Craft for Thanksgiving: Pilgrim Hat and Collar Tutorial
Does your doll need a quick pilgrim outfit for Halloween? Or to dress up for Thanksgiving? Make your doll a quick and easy pilgrim bonnet with this easy breezy doll craft tutorial. You can use paper and yarn, or felt and ribbon. Click HERE to see more about the full pilgrim outfit.
Make a pilgrim’s bonnet!
- Cut a rectangle 5 x 10 inches for 18 inch dolls and 4 x 10 inches for 14.5 inch dolls.
- Fold it in half, with the fold on the left, so it looks like a book.
- Stitch along the bottom edge (1/4th inch seam allowance) from the open end towards the fold. Stop one inch from the fold
- With the seam in the center, pull the corners to form a triangle.
- Stitch across the top of the triangle, one inch from the top. Trim the corner off.
- Turn the hat right side out. Fold the front back 1/2 to 1 inch. Attach 10-11 inches of ribbon or string inside the fold at each edge. Trim ribbons to desired length.
Easy Pilgrim Hat and Collar Tutorial for Dolls
Make a pilgrim collar!
- Cut two rectangles 3 x 8 inches from white felt. (I used green so it would show up in the photos.)
- Fold the rectangles in half. With the fold on the left side, trace, draw, or trim the bottom left and top right corners, both curving the same direction as shown in photo 1.
- On one piece (the front), cut the front edges off in a slant, then cut the piece in two along the fold line as shown in photo 2.
- Stitch together at the shoulders as shown in photo 4. Press seams open to lie flat.
- Add a 24 inch ribbon or string along the top to tie it closed.